So, I spent the better part of this afternoon picking my next victim. Every housewife/stay at home mom needs the latest and greatest cell phone. I mean, she needs to be able to exchange recipes without delay, and surf the web for the latest cleaning tips. Just in case she happens to be in Australia is no reason for her to be unconnected. So, as you can see, I had to get the phone that would work anywhere in the world, possibly anywhere in the universe.
I certainly did not purchase this phone because it's better than my husband's.. because my husband has several more months on his contract before he can get a new phone.. because my husband always has the best gadgets on the market. I absolutely did not buy this phone because it has a plethora of features, which I will never use, but could use if I wanted, unlike my husband who would use all those features and download software so he could have more features. No, I did not buy this phone for that reason.
Just want to make sure that everyone is clear about why I bought this phone.
Here's my new phone:
4 comments:
Are we married to the same man? I cannot express to you the joy I felt in buying my new Blackberry last January. Not because it's red and slick, but because it drove my husband crazy not to have the best phone in the house. It's a guarantee that if I buy something shiny and new (like a car, for instance) he will, within one month, have a new version of that same item.
For the record, that can become very expensive. I now think twice before I buy a new car, phone, laptop. Or, I simply tell him that I hate my new car, cell phone, laptop. Then he doesn't feel the need to get one himself!
Hahahah! I know that my time as "the owner of the best (insert name of new shiny gadget, large or small) in this house" will be short lived. So, for the time being, I will revel.
i'm scared to buy a web-enabled phone...well, mine is now, but no full keypad, and crappy screen. i think if i do, i'll never ever get off the internet.
altho, i have been thinking about an iPhone lately.....hmmmmm
When my husband had his Treo, he really liked it. I might have thought he was addicted, but since he's had his Blackberry, I see what a real addiction is!!
For him, and I think a lot of others, it's the constant notifications. His vibrates when he gets an email. He always knows what's going on now. I think that's a powerful high.
I'm sensing the addiction myself. As I sit here, in front of my computer, my phone buzzes and I look at it knowing full well it's probably not a call (I'm not sure what my phone does when I get a call) but an email... an email that has or will appear in my inbox in just moments. Yet, I still look.
I'm hoping it's the novelty, but I suspect it's not. Maybe in time I'll realize that most of the emails I get are spam anyway, and not worth the instant response. Then I might settle down a bit.
I think the iPhone might have another set of addictions waiting to happen.
Post a Comment