I try to take the kids for a walk a few times a week. Being the courteous member of the community that I am, I started wearing a hat to cover the rat's nest that sits upon my head. It really is much more pleasant when kids aren't screaming and running the opposite direction when they see me coming. Anyway, when Makena first saw me in the hat, she insisted I not wear it. I explained to her that I needed to because my hair is messy and dirty and the hat covers it up. She found this answer to be acceptable and no longer protested my new accessory.
Fast forward a few days to one of our walks. A woman ran by us; Makena exclaims, "Her hair is dirty! Her hair is dirty Mommy!!". This particular dirty haired hat wearer pretending to be a jogger wanting to keep the sun out of her eyes blew past us too quickly to realize Makena was onto her. The next imposter probably won't be so lucky because, as it turns out, anyone wearing a hat is doing so because they have dirty hair. Makena has honed her radar and immediately points them out!
2 comments:
hahahah...that's awesome. funny how kids pick up on things like that
Oh goddness! I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. At first I thought that Makena was announcing to passersby that *your* hair was dirty! Regardless, she is such a smart little girl!
Post a Comment