Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Funky.

Monday I took Makena to get her haircut. This was only her second haircut ever (one of the benefits of not having bangs). So, she was very excited. The sylist did a great job; she put two little braids on each side and pulled them together in the back. She also put sparkles in her hair. She loved it. The first thing she said when Mark walked in the door from work was, "Look daddy, I have 'parkles in my hair!! I got a haircut!!"

Figuring she would like to wear her hair to school like that on Tuesday I put off washing it until last night. I unbraided her hair to get her ready for her bath and sent her to the mirror so she could see what happens when you unbraid hair.

Mommy: "Makena, look at your funky new hairdo."
Makena: "That's cool and funky."
Mommy: "Yes, it is. Do you like it?"
Makena: "Yeah, it's cool and funky" (Everything is cool and she's still only 2!!)
Mommy: "Alright, let's get in the bathtub."
Makena: "Are we going to wash out the funky?" :)

Someday I'll have to let her know that paternal genetics aren't washable. But, for the time being we washed out the waves left from the braids.

Incidentally, Makena doesn't enunciate the "n" in funky--it's just fuky.

1 comment:

blog author said...

hahahah..it's fuky. i wish i had a little kid lisp so i could get away with calling things 'fuky' :)