Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Little Things.

I started this blog because I wanted to let our families in on the little things that happen in our lives. It's easy to get caught up talking about consequential things when we are on the phone, that we forget to talk about these little things. Another reason was to document my kid's childhood, again with the little things that might be forgotten over time.

With the latter in mind, I'm sure you might be getting sick of these stories and if you aren't yet, you will after you read this one. But, bear with me anyway.

I came home from picking Makena up from preschool. I had to pee something fierce. So, as I'm scurrying to get Kessler in his exersaucer I explain to Makena that I will get her milk after I go to the potty.

Here's how it went:

Makena asks, "Do you have to go poopies?"
Still scurrying, I tell her, "No, just pee-pees."
Very excitedly she says, "Okay, I'm going to help you."
At this point I'm walking quickly to the restroom and she's running to keep up.
I tell her, "Ummm.. that's okay sweetie. I should be good."
She persists, still telling me that she plans to help.
When I finally arrive at said potty, she says, "I'm going to hold your hand."
And that's what she did until I was done. The part that I can't articulate is how sweet and sincere she was. It was all I could do not to cry. She is such a beautiful angel!

4 comments:

Femme au Foyer said...

She is so beautiful. I love these stories as they really show me what an amazing, beautiful little girl you created. She's a reflection of you, you know.

marthamisdemeanor said...

Awww You know you have a keeper when they are willing to bypass all the "crap" (pun intended) and hold your hand through anything! What a sweet girl! :)

blog author said...

hahaha...i dont know if i could do that. i guess its different with kids...but the only one who has ever seen me pee is Zeke....

K said...

Yeah, Melek, that's why I was hesitant to post this particular Makena-ism. I think it is different with kids, but besides that, I have other psychological issues with peeing. My problem is that I can keep mother nature at bay as long as I know there is no bathroom near. But, as soon as I know I'm close to one, well, I have to get there fast!!! Nothing about reasoning with a 2 year old is fast! :)