Landscaping
Mark and I were talking about the backyard last weekend. I was telling him how I thought it would be a good idea to get a landscaper to come in and prune the trees as they are getting out of hand.. again. I just pruned them last month, so I obviously don't have a clue how to do it properly. Mark expressed his reluctance and headed to the garage to put something away.
Makena asked, "What did you tell daddy?"
I responded, "I was telling him that I thought we should get a landscaper in to cut back the trees in the yard."
Makena very thoughtfully replied, "Oh."
She had a contemplative look on her face so I asked her what she thought of the idea.
She said, "I'll do it with my green scissors."
Problem solved.
Mark Anthony
We were all sitting on the bed talking about something a few mornings ago. Makena turned to Mark and sincerely asked, "What do you think Mark Anthony?" I think he prefers she call him dude.
Non-stop Kessler
He only just started to walk a few months ago, now he's running. He is so adventurous. Makena goes to gymnastics once a week (I have some video I'll post later). The gym is huge and the parents usually go to this area that's up a flight of stairs to watch the kids do their stuff. It's a rather large area. I usually position myself midway across so that when (not if) Kessler heads for the stairs I have time to catch him. This way I can still be somewhat social with the other moms. This past Wednesday Kessler didn't seem to be too interested in the stairs--what a relief! He was headed to the other end where he was corralled or so I thought. Lucky enough he has trained me to keep an eye on him all the time. Soon after making his way to the "safe" end, he quickly got on his belly and started to crawl backward--the undeniable sign that he's about to try to climb down something!! He started in the center of the floor. I looked in the direction he was heading and realized there is a 3 foot opening at the end. My initial thought was holy crap, he's going to drop 30 feet to the floor below. But, the gym owners did have a shred of sense and ensured there were stairs there rather than a gaping hole from which my son would fall. Nonetheless, tumbling down a set of stairs presents its own problems so I raced over and reached him just in the nick of time. Shew. We played "Chase Me to the Other Stairs, Mommy" for the rest of the session! You should try it sometime.
Bad Week for IPODs and Bells.
Last Thursday we accidentally left the garage open! We've probably done it 3 times since we've lived here (18 months). We didn't realized we had left it open until we returned from the park Friday morning. We walked into the garage and noticed that the doors on my car weren't completely closed. Even though we had left the garage open I still had no doubts that I had not closed them properly. When Mark drove his car for the first he noticed that his IPOD, IPOD adapter and some cash were missing. Then I checked my car more thoroughly and noticed I was missing cash and a voice recorder thingy. I guess we were lucky; I have been known to leave my purse or a camera in the car. It's still extremely upsetting. People are jerks.
Anyway, a couple days later I found some bells (an instrument from this musical set that we bought Makena) in the toilet. I couldn't help but laugh. The next day I found MY IPOD. I still laughed. It seems to work still, so no harm I guess. Though, I suppose I won't be licking it anytime soon.
And now some photos:
These are from a Princess Party that Makena and I went to last month. (There are a few of Kessie before we left for the party).
Makena was "Koala of the Week" the week before last. I had to do a poster of 'all things Makena'. She was asked to get up in front of the class and explain it. The first thing she pointed out was the photo of Ellie. She also pointed to the photo of her with a box on her head and said, "That's me being a duffa!!!" as she laughed. Very cute! :) She also played the air guitar on queue!
That's it for now. I do have some video that's long overdue to be posted.
3 comments:
hahahah...what's a duffa? is that an australian term?
those girls are too cute with curlers in their hair.
I just learned the original meaning of the term while I was in Australia. I think it's cattle rustler?!? Which was a bit of a surprise for me! I guess it has evolved to mean silly.
Wow--I can't believe what a big boy Kessler has become in such a short amount of time!
Husband and I laughed out loud at the vision of Makena pruning the trees with her green safety scissors. She such a smart little girl!
Post a Comment