Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Dropping Trou
The kids and I were at Target yesterday. Things were going downhill quickly so I decided to cut the trip short and head to the register. I had already piled the cart with unassembled bookcases to use as storage in the playroom. As I was loading the stuff onto the belt, Makena said, "Mommy, I need to go to the potty." Now, we have been very lucky in that her first warning is usually well in advance. So, I explained that we would go to the restroom as soon as I paid for the stuff and continued emptying the cart. When I was nearly done, I glanced in her direction. There she stood pants and underwear down to her ankles. The cashier and I spotted her at the same time. I’m not sure what I said as I was a bit shocked. The wonderful cashier told me it was okay to leave my stuff on the belt and take her to the restroom before she finished what she started. I had to pull Kessler from the cart (I had just gotten him to settle in there). We headed to the restroom where Makena did her business. I carried Kessler and scurried Makena back to the register. Someone else was being rung up by the time we got back. The poor customer was taking each item from her cart and handing it to the poor cashier because the conveyer belt had all of my stuff on it! Kessler refused to go back in the cart, so I had to load a few more heavy boxes onto the belt. Then I loaded all of it back into the cart. I couldn't get out of the store fast enough. Unfortunately, pushing a very heavy cart, while holding a very heavy toddler, with a three year old hanging off the side is a very slow process. I was sweating when I finally got to the car. I felt like I had run a marathon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG what a nightmare!!! Was she going to go potty right there? That reminds me of the time my nephew decided to pull out his "pee pee" for inspection just as we got to the front of a very long line at Disney World. He was "just looking at it", he told me, but my fear was that he was going to take a whiz and get us kicked out.
Hahah! See, he's good training for you!
I don't know what Makena was going to do. She keeps her pants on until she reaches the bathroom at home.
Post a Comment