Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hi-Ho Da Dere-We-Go

This is a seriously long run on story--so, prepare yourself.

I was driving Makena to school yesterday morning. Halfway there Kessler threw up his guts. Unfortunately, he had a lot of guts. When we arrived at school I called the office and asked that someone come grab Makena because Kessler was such a mess. I immediately realized my next problem. The carseat NEEDED to be cleaned. I HAD to take the seat out to clean it. I have NEVER been able to get the seat back in (securely). How was I going to pick Makena up from school without a seat for Kessler?

Taking Scarlett O'Hara's advice, I decided I'd worry about that tomorrow, or at least later that day. I got Kessler home, bathed him, changed him and put him down for a nap. I wrestled the vomit slathered carseat out of the car. I disassembled it--put the cloth pieces in the washer--took a toothbrush to the buckles and such, and a hose to the plastic base. I put all the bits on the hood of the car so I wouldn't lose them. Then I figured I'd better come up with a contigency plan because there was no reason to believe I'd all of a sudden be able to install the carseat. So, I called Mark. He wasn't working in the city yesterday, so he wasn't as far away. He was able to make it work and head home and back before a big meeting. When he got home the seat wasn't dry yet. He decided to just go get Makena while I stayed home with Kessler. He was only a half hour early.

Later in the evening, when Mark was going to install the seat.. I remembered that I had left the buckles and such on the hood of the car--the hood of the car that Mark drove to Makena's school. Sonofabitch. So, I headed for Baby's R Us, then Target with the aide of Femme. (I knew she would have done her homework already
and have the best recommedation! BTW, Target didn't have it either!)

Fast forward to our drive to gymnastics class this morning. Makena was very concerned about Kessler's carseat. "Why does he have a new one?" I explained how the pieces were lost. To my dismay, she then asked, "well, can daddy figer it out?" "Nooooooooo, despite what you might think your daddy cannot poop missing carseat pieces anymore than he can poop solid gold!!" Just kidding, I simply said no. This discussion continued for a while. The rest was pretty unmemorable, until she said, "then put your head in the toilet." "What?" "head in the toilet." We discussed whether that was a good idea or not, she decided it was.

A little later in the drive she said, "Let's sing the 'Head in the Toilet' song." "Hmmm, I don't think I know that one." So, she sang it for me. Here's how it goes, to the tune of "Hi-Ho the Dario".

Head in the Toilet,
Head in the Toilet,
Hi-Ho da dere-we-go,
Head in the Toilet.

In another trip today, she told me to put my listening ears on so she could sing it to me. I told her I had them on. She insisted that I use my hands to put them on. So, I did. Amazingly, the 'Head in the Toilet' song sounded even better than before!

No comments: