The other night we were having dinner when one of the kids realized they didn't have anything to drink. I neglected to put their cups out and they noticed because they saw I was drinking something they aren't normally allowed to have. (Schweppes Agnus --YUM). I agreed to let them have some, but only if one of them retrieved their cups from the cupboard. Kessler took up the task. He came back with a green one and a blue one. He asked Makena which one she wanted; she responded, "Blue." Kessler said, "No, I want blue" and gave her the green one.
Mark and I shook our heads in unison.. It was a little funny, but definitely wrong. So, Mark said, "Kessler, do you want chocolate (pause) or a smack on the bum?" Mind you, a smack on the bum is by no means a bad thing for the kids. It's a game they play where Mark tells them he's going to do it (as though it's a threat) and they take off running, cackling, giggling and screaming until they are caught and the bum smacking ensues. The kids love it, but not as much as chocolate. Or, they know if offered a smack on the bum they have to decline else they can't get chased which is the whole point of the game. Anyway, Mark settles in to explain the point behind his question when Kessler immediately hands Makena the green cup, snatches the blue cup.. then says, "Now, can I have chocolate?" To which Mark responded, "Ahhh, yes." We both smile as we realize he was just outsmarted by a 3 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment