Father's day in Australia is September 5th. We celebrated this year by going to the museum to see the Dinosaur exhibit--that was Mark's idea. This shows exactly why he's such an amazing dad. The kids love dinosaurs and nothing makes him happier than seeing them happy.
In addition to the Dinosaur exhibit, there were bug and animal exhibits; the kids loved both. But, the highlight was the Dinosaur IMAX movie! Kessler's first IMAX experience. We loaded up on drinks and popcorn; Mark hates popcorn so much that he can't even stand the smell. I'm too selfish to forgo the overpriced heart attack in box. After all, we've only seen about 6 movies in as many years. We found great seats, halfway up and dead center. The kids and I immediately dug into the popcorn when the lights went out.
"We need to get out of here!", Kessler warned. "Why?" "It's too dark!!" I did my best to settle him; I failed as he evacuated his seat and climbed across the armrest. I didn't try hard to discourage him as he wiggled his way onto my lap, resting his head against my chest. Ever since he was just a few weeks old he seemed so big to hold comfortably, but for some reason, on this day he fit perfectly.
As the movie began he sat upright with nervous anticipation. There was a lot to talk about and whispering was not an option. The commentary ran the gamut from, "Oh, he's so cute!!" to "Get away! Get away!" as he pushed himself into my chest. I showed him that he could reach out and feel the illusion. With that bit of information, he started swatting--finding comfort in the nothingness that met his hand. Every so often I had to remind of the swat. Each time he realized he was safe, but never safe enough to whisper!
3 comments:
How cute! He's such a sweet boy. Will, too, has always been too big to really get comfy on my lap so we've always snuggled with him sitting next to me.
Lucky Mark that he got to celebrate two Father's Days in one year! When is Australia's Mother's Day?
Mother's day is the same; what a rip off!!
Whaa?? That is a rip off! I think Mark owes you a second Mother's Day. You know, you gotta play fair! That's all I'm sayin'... ;-)
Post a Comment