I had just arrived at the pick up area when one of the moms from Makena's class greeted me and introduced me to the person she was talking with. This mom always does this--it's such a thoughtful thing to do!! She explained that we are new and told the other mom how well Makena is doing. Then she said that Makena has been participating a lot more in class. Then her face lit up as she said to me, "Oh, I forgot to tell you! Madeline (her daughter) was telling me the other day that Makena said, "Bonjourno a tutti" in Italian class last week." Apparently, each week in class the teacher has the students take turns coming to the front of the class to say, "Hello everyone!" in Italian. Makena has been too shy to do it, that is until last week! Madeline was sooo excited for Makena; she couldn't wait to tell her mom. She said everyone in class started clapping when she did it.
And there I stood, tearing up at the thought of my brave little girl and all her wonderful friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment