Monday, April 6, 2009

The Kiddos..

A lot has been happening; I doubt I'll ever catch up. But, I do have two stories that I need to tell.

Makena

Makena and Mark were laying (or is it lying? I never know.) on the bed when Makena started to explain to Mark how she would like him to sleep in her bed. (She's still in a toddler bed). She recognized that he was too big, but she had a solution. She planned to take Mark to her purple house so she could get her magic wand. Then she'd make him small so he could sleep in her bed. Mark asked her how to get to her purple house. She explained that you needed to take a right at Fire Truck park and a right at Peet's coffee. Then go to the supermarket and get a sugar cookie. They had this conversation for several minutes before they worked out the details. It was quite sweet.

Kessler

The other day the kids and I were at gymnastics class. Kess and I always hang out in the observation area. He hadn't eaten breakfast particularly well so he started to get quite cranky. I borrowed a dollar from another mom (pathetic, I know) and bought some Famous Amos cookies out of the vending machine. He snuggled in and started eating them one by one. When he started to feel a bit more satisfied he got down to play, with a cookie in hand. I noticed there was one on the floor and I still had the top of the wrapper from the cookie bag; you know the corner piece you rip off? So, I handed him both and asked him to throw them away. He tried to only take the wrapper but I persisted. He wrapped his little hand around the dirty half cookie and tiny bit of wrapper and walked to the trash can. Halfway there he stopped and put the wrapper on the floor. Then he took another step and put his cookie, the good one, on the floor. Then he walked over to the trash and threw away the other cookie. He walked back past his good cookie and picked up the wrapper and took that to the trash. Then he walked back and picked up his now questionable good cookie and started munching on it.

Under normal circumstances I would have snagged the cookie and thrown it away; I even had more in the bag. But, I couldn't do it. He was so dang methodical about what he was doing; I just couldn't break the rhythm.

No comments: