There are two immediate reasons why I needed to blog. The first and most important is to congratulate Julie, Ken and Phoebe on the new addition to their family--Ruby Grace! She was born on Janurary 2nd. She doesn't understand it yet, but she is a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful family to look after her.

I can't wait to meet her!
My second reason is to tell a funny story...
We were sitting at the kitchen table last night. I glanced up at the digital display on the oven to see what time it was. It said 5 .41. It was well past 5:41 and the time was displayed in the wrong format. My first thought was that it's some error code and I'll end up having to call a repair the next day. So, I forgot about it and moved on.
Have I mentioned that Kessler likes to press buttons? Kind of like how his dad likes to press my buttons.. only Kessler likes to press ALL buttons. Well, this morning at about 2:00 a.m. I was awakened by a loud beeping noise. "Beep........ Beep....... Beep..." I laid in denial for a few seconds. Then I tried to will the sound away. Finally I decided I better check it out. As I descended the stairs I could tell the beeping was coming from the kitchen.. the oven, in fact. I finally recognized that the beeping was the timer. Yes, Kessler in his button pushing frenzy, had set the timer on the oven. It never ceases to amaze me how many different ways I can be woken up in the middle of the night.
At least I didn't have to call a repairman today.
2 comments:
ahhh, that's a new one. the beeping i'm usuall awakened by is the dern fire alarm battery dying. why do those things only stop working at 2am??
Oh, I know! Can you ever tell which one it is? The doorways to all our secondary rooms are right next to each other as are the fire alarms! Drives me nuts!
Post a Comment