Friday, December 5, 2008

Laying the ground work.

Mark and I wanted something sweet after dinner. After Plan A fell through (Mark's mom's chocolate pudding), I decided to use the recipe on the cocoa label, Ghirardelli Chocolate Fudge Cake.

I was pretty late serving it (it came out really well--particularly by my standards). Anyway, when we were all finished Makena asked for some milk. We have this rule, nothing to drink after X:00 so we don't have any accidents or midnight potty runs. (The variable in the time is because I can never remember what time I originally set as a deadline, so I make it up every night.) We were past that time. But, she did just have chocolate cake, so it would be a bit unreasonable not to let her have something to drink. I gave my approval and she asked Mark if she could have some of his. He obliged by tipping his glass to her lips.

When she was finished she said... "Oh no mommy!!!! Daddy gave me too much!!! Now I'm going to be soak and go potty!!! Oh no!! Mommy!!! Mommy!!! Daddy gave me too much!!! I'm going to be soak!!!" (Yes, soak, not soaked.)

Now, when she wets the bed, or more likely throws a nighttime potty party with everyone invited, there will be no one to blame but daddy. Well played Makena, well played.

4 comments:

Femme au Foyer said...

Ah hahahahahahah!!!!! I just love that little girl!

K said...

Guess who came to our room needing to pee at 1:30 this morning. It wasn't the tooth fairy and it was daddy's fault.

Katie said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious! I like how she laid the blame squarely on Daddy. Well played indeed!

blog author said...

perfect! now if you could only ease that plan into other aspects of your life, you'd be set!