Monday, November 3, 2008

A crib is for babies

While the kids were napping today I decided to look over the ballot measures for the election tomorrow. A little while into it I heard Kessler crying. It was about time for him to get up. I finished what I was doing and headed his way. Just as I was ascending the stairs I heard a loud "Ka-Thump" then silence, then hysterics!

Now, we often hear "thumps" coming from Kessler's room. We had to move him from our room when he was a baby because he kept kicking during the night and waking us up. Even when we moved him, we could here is "thumps" throughout the night; his room borders ours. Anyway, this "Ka-thump" seemed a bit different. I raced up the rest of the stairs. His room is pitch black, so I could hear him before I could see him. I could tell his cries weren't coming from their usual location. I turned on the light--there he was on the floor, face down, bum in the air, crying. I quickly picked him up and started consoling him.

Once he was settled he posed for this picture:

2 comments:

Femme au Foyer said...

Oh my gosh--poor little guy! I guess he's okay, judging from the smile on his sweet little face!

K said...

Yeah! He's good! Mark lowered his mattress last night. I pretty much have to drop him in when I put him down to sleep. That might buy us another day or two. :)