Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Arock Obama

Yesterday, the kids and I were waiting for Mark to get home. I was watching CNN. I started to explain that the election was happening today and that we were going to vote for the next president of the United States. I told her that our choices were John McCain and Barack Obama. That was it.

When Mark was home and we were eating dinner. I asked Makena to tell Mark what we were going to do tomorrow. She said, "I don't know." I said, "Remember, tomorrow is election day. Who are we voting for?" I was expecting that she might say president as that's kind of easy to remember. Instead she said, "Arock Obama and John McCain." Mark decided to get my goat and tell her we were voting for John McCain. While I'm completely against imposing my views on my kids--I really want them to figure this out on their own--I just couldn't sit back and say nothing. So, I told her that we were voting for Barack Obama.

I already broke my rule and she's only 3 1/2! It was cute though.



No comments: