The Koala Bears are studying America this month! Yesterday, when I dropped Makena off, I heard one of the teachers talking to the kids about the California Redwoods and New York skyscrapers! How exciting!!
When I arrived at Makena's class to pick her up, after getting a big, wonderful hug, I asked her what she did in class. She told me that she made a "Merigo" flag (American Flag). I asked her if she could show me but we were diverted by one of her classmates. He mumbled something unintelligible and pointed up. Before I had a chance to sort out what he was saying one of the teachers grabbed a water bottle from atop the bookcase. It had Makena's name on it and it was filled with sand and dirty water. As she handed it to me she said, "Makena's Ocean." Makena beamed and said, "yeah, my ocean." They made an ocean! How clever is that!!?
I was and still am impressed by the ocean! Anyway, I read the whiteboard to see what else they did. Among other things, it was written that they were shown photos of Mt. Rushmore. And, they were taught all about monuments.
So, in the car I asked her about monuments. She didn't have much to say. I asked her if she learned about Mt. Rushmore. She said she did. I asked her, "What is Mt. Rushmore?" She said, "It's a mommy-mint."
2 comments:
That's it: you and Mark had better watch your backs because I'm flying out to SF and kidnapping your children!
i watched a show on america on the history channel this morning. learned all about mt. rushmore! it was pretty cool. it cost $1,000,000 back in yesteryear to carve that thing.
Post a Comment