Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Droid

I'm obviously a cell phone whore as I've had 3 in 2 years. I went from my blackberry which I loved to the iPhone which I loved to the Droid which I'm trying to love. In my defense, the iPhone was a gift from Mark. Since our American phones won't work in Australia we had to get new ones anyway. I had planned on getting another iPhone, but CNET reviews, Mark, and the Telstra sales guy convinced me to get the Droid.

I like the physical feel of it better. It has a rubberish shell which creates more friction so it doesn't slip out of your hands so easily. It seems like it'll absorb a bit more shock if it's dropped, and unfortunately, it will be dropped.

It's open source so there will be oodles of apps, but some aren't out yet--like my favorite, Kindle. But it's apparently coming.

The screen has amazing resolution. I think I will love it as well once I get passed the learning curve.

And the reason I'm dedicating an entire blog post to my cell phone when I have a boatload of other stuff going on? Well I have been up since 3 am and I needed to find something to entertain myself that wouldn't wake the family. So, I found the Blogger app!

PS-They call them mobiles and message banks here, not cells and voicemail.

Published with Blogger-droid

No comments: