Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I wanna go head first...

I used to think that it was great that Mark gave the kids baths every night. I mean really.. that's customarily the mom's job. Yet, my husband, without fail, loads the kids into the tub, scrubs them all over. He washes their hair and conditions Makena's. And, he brushes their teeth when they are done! Who could ask for more, really?

That is until tonight, when Makena says, "Daddy, I wanna go head first." Did she just say what I think she said? Mark, doesn't acknowledge the request. Makena repeats it. Mark ignores it. Over and over again this happens. Request, ignore, request, ignore. Makena goes in feet first, complaining the whole way.. "I WANNA GO HEAD FIRST!!!" Then finally, "shhh... you're gonna get me in trouble."

Really?!?!??! Head first... into the bath, Mark??? Are you kidding!?!?

7 comments:

Femme au Foyer said...

Hahahah---Mark's the cool dad! I love it!

Katie said...

Hahaha, I'd take that over Chris bathing Will. I used to think that it was awesome that he bathed him on the nights that he's home. THEN I realize that all he does is sit him in a tub full of bubble bath and they play with the toys. Oh, and they wet, sometimes wash, his hair so that I don't ask questions.

WHAT??? Yeah. He's grounded. I feel like the mom who has to ask them if they bathed with soap because I'll know if you're lying to me! I have a friend at the FBI who can tell if your toothbrush was actually used to brush your teeth or if you just wet it under the faucet! Don't make me!

mark said...

Mark's totally the fun dad. I tell Makena I love her. She says, "I love daddy." Nothing like that kind of response to make you feel special!!!

Katie--how old is Will now? I'm pretty certain the kids get a relatively good cleaning, but there are times when Makena will say, "I washed my hair all by myself." I'm pretty sure that's not good, but I've decided complacency is sometimes a good friend.

(crap, this is Kelly--I'm using Mark's computer and I'm still too lazy to log out and back in.)

blog author said...

hahaha...that's great! how deep is the bathwater anyway? :)

Anonymous said...

ok, i feel caught up now (i know i'm a loser). as far as the bath thing is concerned, hey as long as he's doing it, he can do it any way he wants. think of all the other things u could be doing besides listening in.... if u need help i could give u some suggestions. ; )

K said...

See, that's just it. I was laying in bed, minding my own business.. reading a book when I just happened to overhear the comment. When Mark dresses her in a pink pocka dot shirt and Kessler's green pants--I don't say a word. I might surreptitiously smear oatmeal on her ensemble and promptly change her, but I don't say a word. There are just certain things that a mother can't completely tune out, apparently "I want to go head first", is one of those things for me. At least it was. I think I'm immune to that one now!

Femme au Foyer said...

Kelly, I was reading "Mark's" comment and my initial thoughts were, "Since when does Mark refer to himself in the third person?", and "Damn---Mark's grammar, writing skills and vocabulary have improved vastly" and, "Wow--Mark writes to Katie as if he knows her. What a cool guy!" Then when I saw the word "complacency" used correctly in a sentence--hell, used at all--I knew it couldn't be Mark.